Sunday, September 13, 2009

"Don't worry! - - When we die, we all die in Christ!"

Sister Meyers writing letters home
September 1, 2009
We got a letter from one of our Phii Thais -- Sister Larson. She is LOVING Thailand. She is out in the country part of Thailand, but she said the city she is in even has a mall. She confirmed that the people are so nice there -- she says that people tell her she is beautiful like 30 times a day! She also confirmed that we won't be wearing make-up (because it melts off). She says that the problem with trying to contact people is that they will start talking and the people will get so excited that they can speak Thai that they won't listen to what you have to say -- they just freak out and tell you how good your Thai is and how beautiful you are. (And she says she isn't even that good at the language yet -- but that it's coming since she is immersed in it.) But she told us to work really hard on our testimonies because she testifies a lot! Wow! We are so excited! I love Thailand. I can't wait to see what it actually looks like.
As for the funny Brother Sakhaa moment of the week: yesterday we were learning passive voice in Thai and there is a verb you use if it was a negative thing - so he uses the example: I was struck by lightning. Then he says, by the way - there is a problem with lightning strikes in Thailand - lots of lightning. So we get all wide-eyed and he says "Oh! I didnt mean to scare you. Don't worry." Then he pauses and gets a smirk on his face and says "Because when we die, we all die in Christ." He cracks me up. I know I say that every week - but he just makes me so happy. I honestly think he could cheer up anyone on the whole planet - you just can't resist him.

No comments:

Post a Comment