Tuesday, August 25, 2009

If I can't speak Thai, the Spirit can

July 28, 2009
We have a real live investigator - Elder Petvixay contacted her in the RC and she didn't want the missionaries because she works all day but she has let us call her back a couple of times. Elder Petvixay is mostly the one who talks to her but I got to talk to her for a couple of minutes and bear my testimony about how the gospel strengthens families and how God is always listening to our prayers, even when it seems like He isn't. Her name is Josephine - she is from New York. It has been a great experience. We are going to call her again tomorrow.
We also had our first TRC experience - we had to do a fifteen minute task in Thai - we had to introduce ourselves, get to know the investigator, talk about our message, and testify. The first part was interesting because the two investigators were Native Thais. She asked us about our family, which Elder Petvixay was fine with but Sister Meyers and I had no idea what she was talking about. We just stared at her blankly. But the talking about the message and testifying went really well, although I said a couple words wrong and she had to stop me and ask what I was talking about. But when I testified, the husband said he got goosebumps. That made me happy. It also just showed me that even if I can't speak their language, the Spirit can.
I love you all so much! I love the Gospel and I love Heavenly Father - He is amazing. I have learned so much while I have been here at the MTC. I feel His Spirit with me all the time - and it is a great feeling! Sister Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment