Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I thought I would die I was so happy!

November 4, 2009
So, Phii Ed's baptism was awesome. When he got dunked in the water, I thought I would die I was so happy. He has really just been amazing and overcome so much to get here. This family is just amazing. They are going to be such a strength to the church. They have been giving us rides places lately and we just laugh the whole time - Phii Ed is really one of the funniest people I have ever met.
As for Som - she is still doing well. She was a little discouraged last week because I think President Smith really intimidates her. She doesn't want to waste his time if she is not ready. But she had a good interview with President Nurag and he really encouraged her, so the interview with Pres. Smith is on for this Sunday.
Pim is still doing well as well, although it looks like her big trial has finally reared its head. Her dad has forbidden her from going to church and has forced her to sign up for special classes on Sundays. She is really sad about it. We don't really know what to do. We are going to try to go over and teach at her house so he can see us and maybe meet us and know that we aren't scary or wierd. But I don't really know what is going to happen with that. Honestly I think Pim might just keep coming at the risk of their relationship - she really wants to come to church and really wants to get baptized. Dang Satan is good though. I hate him.
Other than that, our week was a little dry of investigators, to be honest. we got tinged by a couple and everyone was really busy with the holiday (it is a three day holiday). We did a lot of inviting. We did find one really promising new Investigator named Ruay. We met her at the market and have already taught the first lesson. She seems really interested. She prayed at the end of the first lesson and said "Dear Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus Christ amen" We had to remind her to put something in the middle. It is such a foreign concept to them. But we went to the market the next day and she had already ready two chapters of the BOM. That doesn't happen often.
I love you all! Have a lovely day. The church is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment