Monday, February 22, 2010

These are the cockroaches we swept up last P-Day

Well, this week was a bit of a ride, I must say. First, we had zone conference last Tuesday. That was good. President Smith is just one of those people who can motivate you - you know? We talked a lot about finding people to teach. Get this - as of March 1, we are changing our schedule. We are going to get up at 6:00, exercise, get ready, and leave the house for proselyting at 7:30 am. We will proselyte until 1:30 and then do our studying - from 1:30-4:00. Then we will go back out until 8:30, come back, plan, and go to bed at 10:00. It is because during the hot season, pretty much the whole country shuts down from 1-4. They all go inside, where we can't get to them. But from about 7-9, they are all on their way to work and outside doing things - so we are going to get to them then. We don't really know how it will work. We will have to see. It is our "summer schedule" - we will change back to the normal schedule in June, when the hot season ends. They are hoping it will help missionaries work more effectively and not get sick if they aren't outside during the hottest part of the day.
My birthday was good. Sister Mark gave the best present ever - a coupon for a free no phone day. I used it because my birthday would have been my phone day and that is not cool. So I got three blissful days without having to answer the phone. Of course the phone didn't even ring those three days. Naturally. Oh well. Yesterday was my phone day again. I didn't get through a single conversation with out having to give the phone to Sister Mark. Maybe my Thai didn't improve that much. Man, I hate the phone. When I get home from my mission, I am going to refuse to talk on the phone for three years. Just so you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment