Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I love my life!

December 6, 2010
So I am sitting in the internet cafe next to a big window right now. Guess who just walked by? Boot! And guess what she was holding in her arm! The Book of Mormon. I love my life. She didn't see us. But that was a fun little sighting. She is doing really well. She only has 100 pages left in the Book of Mormon. She wants to finish it before her baptism. Her date is still set for the 19th.
As for members that I really love - I think I have told you about Ma Nong before - she is like the second mother of all of us here. This week I love her really a lot. Even more than usual. She is so adorable. We went over to her house for dinner last night and we met her dog - she is the one that has a dog named Beauty that she renamed ugly and wants it to die. So now I finally know what Beauty looks like. She really is kind of funny looking. But it turns out that we spent like 20 minutes talking about this funny little dog and Ma Nong loves the heck out of it. It was really cute. I am very excited for all of you to meet Ma Nong when you come. She actually speaks quite a bit of English. Every time she calls me she says "Hi Sweetie!" She is so adorable.
As for other investigators, there aren't really a lot. But there are a couple. We taught one last week - Woon - I don't remember if I told you about her. We taught her again last night and it went really well. She is one of those people that is very open about life - very willing to tell you everything she has ever thought or said. Yesterday she told us that she has been having some family problems and fighting with her husband. After one fight, she started to pray in her heart - she said "If God is really there, and Jesus is real, then please help me calm down." She said after that she felt a lot more peaceful. Then she asked for help with her family - help with her husband. The next day he bought her a present and was a completely different person. So now we have her undivided attention. Of course she went off on a spiel about how she thinks she can worship Jesus and Buddha and that she can't get rid of Buddhism. But we will let her budding faith take care of that soon. People honestly believe that Jesus and Buddha can coexist - that Christians will be received by Jesus in Christian Heaven when they die and Buddhists will go to Buddhist heaven - that it is up to us which one we want to go to. It is pretty crazy and doesn't really make sense to me, but that is a prevailing train of thought here. But we have only taught this woman twice so we will work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment